Challenge St. Pölten – Middle distance
1,9km SWIM – 90km BIKE – 21,1km RUN
Based in Lower Austria, St. Pölten has many attributes that make it a spectacular event. With 20 years of experience, this Triathlon race is one of the oldest middle distance races in Europe.
With its two-lakes swim, this race features a dreamlike backdrop. Thousand spectators line the route and the race routinely attracts some of the best Professional Triathletes in the world. The spectacular bike course features incredible scenic views as it winds through vineyards and the UNESCO World Heritage Center Wachau. Finally athletes discover the beautiful baroque downtown area of St. Pölten as they run along the Traisen river.
Lower Austria is a great holiday destination and easy to reach from Vienna Airport.
The weekend festival around Challenge St. Pölten is perfect for all those who enjoy sports.
Five reasons to race in St.Pölten:
- Swimming in two crystal clear lakes
- Beautiful closed-to-traffic bike course, through the UNESCO World Heritage Center Wachau
- Running through the baroque downtown area of St. Pölten
- 20 years of experience – as organizers and athletes
- Event Area in the Olympic Center St. Pölten
Challenge St. Pölten Race Video 2023
We are triathlon! We are family!